Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has launched mAadhaar mobile application for the general public. mAadhaar app download is now available for users at Google Play Store. Essentially, this new mAadhaar app cuts down the need to carry Aadhaar card in your Mobile. The mAadhaar app provides demographic information about the Name, Date of Birth, Gender and Address along with the photograph of a user.
The app works on the unique identification Aadhar profile in their mobile which can be used for different purposes. Also, the MAadhar app allows users to lock/unlock their biometric data linked with the Aadhaar to secure their personal data.
Download mAadhaar App APK for Android: Download mAadhaar App APK
How to Download mAadhaar App: mAadhaar App download step by step process
As of now, mAadhar app is available for Android devices running Android 5.0 and above. Below are the steps to download mAadhar App.
- Click on the above button.
- Click on the ‘install’ button and allow necessary permissions for it to download mAadhaar App APK.
- Open the mAadhar app on your mobile and create a password.
- Enter your Aadhar number or select the QR code to setup your mAadhar profile.
- You will receive an OTP to the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click the verify button.
- After mobile OTP verification, your mAadhar profile would be setup, and you will be able to lock/unlock the biometric data.
Below are some of the mAadhar mobile app features:
- Carries Aadhar identity in Mobile
- Allows to view and share Aadhaar profile via QR code
- Share eKYC details with service providers
- “Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP)” instead of SMS (short messaging service)-based OTP
As of now, mAadhar mobile app is only available for Android users. It is believed that mAadhaar download for iOS will be rolled out soon.